October 26, 2011

Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer - Sheer Genius!



During my time as a cheerleader in the NFL, the use of foundation was a staple in my "game day" make-up routine.  However, I never liked the way that foundation made me look nor was I fond of the way it felt on my face.  No matter which brand I used, they all seemed heavy on my skin and I always looked too "done up" when wearing it.  I did not mind it so much while I was dancing on the field.  I figured I was far enough away from fans for them to notice.  But I cringed at scheduled appearances and/ or meet & greets, self-conscious that people would think that I had on WAY too much makeup.  There HAD to be a better way and it came in the form of Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer.  I love love love this product!  In fact, I keep a tube in my travel bag to ensure that I will never forget it while travelling or on vacation.  ;)


Oil-Free Formula in Walnut
Lightweight Flawless Coverage is what she promised and Laura Mercier definitely delivered with her Tinted Moisturizer.  I use her Oil-Free Formula with SPF 20 and it is exactly what I wanted and what my skin needed!  It's not too heavy and provides the ideal level of coverage, leaving skin even & radiant while protecting from harmful UV rays.  I apply about a dime-size of this product all over my face, dust on some powder and i'm set!  For a more dewey look or finish, this product alone does the trick.  And the good news is that the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer comes in 9 different shades & two formulas: Regular (for normal skin) and Oil-Free (for acne prone, sensitive or oily/ combination skin), making it pretty easy to find a formula and a shade that works for you!

Still not convinced that you should use a tinted moisturizer over foundation?  Maybe this will help:

Advantages
  • Light coverage, not a heavy look
  • Most provide SPF protection
  • A moisturizer and cosmetic all in one
  • Easy and quick to apply
  • Most last all day
  • Available in a variety of shades to match every skin tone
  • Two products in one is less expensive

Disadvantages
  • Won't cover blemishes as well as foundation
  • May not off enough coverage for some women
  • May give a shiny appearance dependent upon the formula used

If a tinted moisturizer is what you are looking for, I HIGHLY recommend this product   After one use, my BFF was hooked....and she's not an easy sell! lol  It's with good reason that Laura Mercier's Tinted Moisturizer has received the following accolades:
  • InStyle Best Beauty Buy - Best Tinted Moisturizer  (May 2011)
  • Essence Best in Black Beauty  (March 2011)
  • Allure Best of Beauty (September 2010) 

Visit your nearest Laura Mercier counter and see for yourself!  Or, for more product information, go to www.lauramercier.com/.

XOXO

~Tiaja

No comments:

Post a Comment