October 5, 2011

La Mer: Miracle Of Modern Creation!

From the elegant & unmistakeable green box to it's luxurious texture and fresh scent, La Mer is SIMPLY AMAZING!  I stumbled across this product by accident.  During a shopping trip, some years back, I was given a sample of the Creme del La Mer Moisturizing Cream.  I've been hooked ever since!  It took a while to get over the sticker shock ($135/ 1 oz jar) but the results and it's effectiveness was undeniable!

Life on the sidelines as a Professional NFL Cheerleader took a toll on my skin.  Dancing for 3.5 hours in the sun, wind, rain and/ or extreme cold with "game day" makeup had my skin in a state of schizophrenic shock!  One minute it was dry, the next oily and sometimes, it was both.  So, it was a pleasant surprise when I tried Creme de la Mer and my skin soaked it up like a sponge, which speaks volumes considering the richness of this cream!  I started to notice a difference almost immediately...my skin was soft, supple and GLOWING!  It felt like I had stumbled on a gold mine and I now knew what all the hype was about surrounding this product.  It is indeed a "Miracle in a Jar"!

The Story:

Forty years ago, aerospace physicist Dr. Max Huber set out to help heal the appearance of the scars he suffered in a lab accident.  Pioneering the use of sea kelp and bio-fermentation in skincare, he created Miracle Broth™ - the elixir known for its healing energies that powers the legendary Creme de la Mer.

It took twelve years and thousands of experiments to perfect, but the results were transformational.  Just as Huber hoped, his skin appeared dramatically renewed - softer, smoother, more supple and refined.

It has been 5 years since I first purchased Creme de la Mer and I am still in love with it.  A little goes a long way which is how I justify the price!  The 1 oz jar usually lasts me about 3-4 months depending on how I use it (naturally, this will differ from person to person).  I would definitely recommend that you 'test' it out before committing because this product may not be for you.  Some may argue that it's too rich for those with oily skin.  But have no fear, La Mer offers 4 different formulas in it's Moisture Collection:  Creme de la Mer, The Moisturizing Lotion, The Moisturizing Gel and The Oil Absorbing Lotion.   It shouldn't be too hard to find one that works for you!

Being the beauty addict that I am, I could not just stop with the moisturizer, I have also added The Cleansing Gel, The Eye Balm Intense and The Radiant Infusion to my beauty regime.  What can I say....I LOVE this stuff!  I notice a difference in my skin and the compliments on my complexion are proof that La Mer works.  Try it....I know you'll like it! ;)

In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, $10 per Pink Ribbon Lip Balm ($45/ 0.32 oz) sold during the month of October will be donated to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation with a maximum of $30,000.  Although I have yet to use the Lip Balm, I have heard nothing but good things.  It has been named "Best Lip Balm for InStyle magazine's "Best Beauty Buys" (May 2011 issue) and Neiman Marcus Beauty Award Finalist Spring 2011


La Mer products can be purchased at Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, Nordstrom and their official website, http://www.cremedelamer.com/.

Thank me later!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment