October 12, 2011

Let There Be Light - Eye Brighteners to the Rescue!

Blue Monday by Annie Lee
In a perfect world, we would get that recommended 8 hrs of sleep each night!  But 'life' happens & instead, the barking of the neighbors dog has kept you up all night OR that fussy two year old just would not stay put OR maybe you let your BFF talk you into going out on a 'school night'. All of which may leave you feeling like the woman in the "Blue Monday" portrait to the right.  But whatever the case may be, sleep deprivation is written on your face and the tell-tale sign is in your eyes!

Have no fear....It happens to the best of us and when I need to tackle a case of the 'late nights & early mornings', I reach for one (if not all) of these 3 products:

The Bright Eyes Recovery Gel by Elemis



After dabbing a little bit of this gel under my eye and orbital bone area, there is a cooling sensation and slight tingling that lets me know that it is working. The Bright Eyes Recovery Gel by Elemis is packed w/ Blue Cornflower water which helps to tighten and calm the skin; Chamomile and Mallow which serve as an anti-inflammatory and cooling agent; and Horsetail which helps the body to absorb calcium as well as repair the skin tissue. And I must say that I notice a difference within minutes! The skin under my eye appears more plump and less sunken in, eliminating the appearance of bags.  The 'effects' of this gel usually last for hours however, feel free to reapply as needed! Retails for $66 (0.3 oz) at Nordstom.


Touche Éclat' by Yves Saint Laurent


I have been using this product for years and in my opinion, it should be a staple in make-up bags around the world! Keep in mind, I use this solely as a highlighter and not a concealer. Two clicks of this wand and a few dabs to blend it in and you are good to go...The Eclat works wonders on tired looking eyes!  It is an excellent highlighter that awakens and brightens the eye area without looking cakey and sinking into fine lines.  It is not touted, "8 hours of sleep in a magic pen" for nothing. And it now comes in 8 different shades! Retails for $40 (0.1 oz) at Sephora or anywhere YSL Beauty products are sold.


Photo Op Under Eye Brightener by Smashbox


I generally use Photo Op Under Eye Brightener by Smashbox for touch-ups throughout the day.  Simply because it's light and provides me with an instant 'pick me up' for tired looking eyes!  It contains Vitamin E, red wine extracts, peptides and marine collagen which all aid in reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.  And the handy brush applicator makes it easy to use....just apply and blend using your fingers and Voilà!  Photo Op retails for $19 (0.24 oz) at Smashbox online, Sephora, Ulta, Nordstrom & other beauty retailers that sell Smashbox products.

After a long night or long flight, you can not go wrong with either of these products.  They do the job for me everytime!

XOXO

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the tips!! Sounds lovely! I need to use some of these products for my tired eyes! I want to try the recovery gel by Elemis and the Touche Éclat.' Question though, where do you apply the Touche Éclat' to highlight?

    -Natalie

    ReplyDelete