September 28, 2011

Don't be a Flake....Exfoliate!



Fall is here and the winter-like weather is quickly approaching!  And being the summer baby that I am,  I'm quite sad about this....but I digress.  Let's get back to the topic at hand -- Dry Skin!  Although dry skin can happen any time of the year, it is most common during the winter months.  Blasting heaters and next to freezing temps can really deplete the moisture from your skin and there is nothing worse than dry, flaky & ashy skin.  With this being said, the following are very important:  Stay moisturized, Drink lots of water, and don't forget to EXFOLIATE! 

In an effort to keep my skin looking and feeling healthy, I have gone through soooo many different products.  Although I am still on the search for a lotion or body cream that I can't live without (any recommendations??), I have found a scrub that I absolutely LOVE....Escential Sugar Scrub by Thibiant Beverly Hills!! 



While visiting a good friend of mine in Los Angeles, I happened across this product in her shower on the last day of my visit.  Yes, I am THAT friend who stays at your house and "tests" your products...so, if you leave anything in the shower or on the counters I am more than likely going to try it.  lol  And I am so thankful that I did! 

Escential Sugar Scrub is AMAZING!  The combination of Manoi Oil with sugar and these natural oils --Avocado, Coconut, Jojoba, Macadamia Nut, Safflower & Sweet Almond....this scrub will transform any shower into a tropical spa paradise and leave your skin feeling baby soft!  And unlike other scrubs that I have tried, it is gentle enough to use every day!

I, honestly, could not believe how soft & moisturized my skin felt after using Escential Sugar Scrub.  It is so emollient, that I probably could have skipped out on using lotion for the day!  Once I returned home from my SoCal visit, I called up my friend to ask her for the name of "that sugar scrub I used in your shower".  lol Once I had the name, it was a wrap.  I located Thibiant Beverly Hills online, placed my order and that's pretty much all she wrote!  :)  It retails for $28.50 (with free shipping) and can be purchased online, http://www.thibiantbeverlyhills.com/ or directly from the spa, if you're in the area!

I know that I have ranted & raved about this sugar scrub and obviously we all have different likes and dislikes.  While I prefer a sugar scrub, others may swear by a salt scrub....it's all a matter of choice and preference!  What's the difference, you might ask?  Although they essentially offer the same results, these scrubs differ in other aspects.  Here are a few of the differences:

Salt Scrubs
  • More coarse than sugar resulting in a rougher exfoliant.
  • Can efficiently remove dry patches, razor bumps & ingrown hairs while leaving your skin soft and smooth.
  • Has detoxifying properties that draw impurities out when applied directly to skin.
  • Not recommended for sensitive skin.
  • Can sting if you use before and/ or after shaving....OUCH!

Sugar Scrubs
  • Softer and more gentle than a salt scrub, making it more suitable for sensitive skin.
  • The sugar in the scrub acts as a gentle glycolic acid that helps to break down dead skin cells at the molecular level.
  • Sugar scrubs do not have the mineralization benefits of a salt scrub.
  • Use a sugar scrub before shaving for an ultra close shave & after shaving to prevent razor bumps and ingrown hairs.
  • Not suited to those with excessively rough skin, as it is gentle and will not help in removing the dead skin.

Take the time to experiment and come up with the exfoliation routine that is right for you.  By exfoliating regularly, you can achieve & maintain healthy, radiant and youthful looking skin....even in the dead of winter!

Other Scrubs You May Like:

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment