With the July 3rd release of The Amazing Spider-Man on the horizons, OPI is launching a nail polish collection inspired by the movie! There will be seven heroic shades including one color inspired by Emma Stone's character and Peter Parker's first love, Gwen Stacy, named "Call Me Gwen-Ever". By the way, I love OPI's word play when naming their colors! :) When asked to decribe this latest collection, Suzi Weiss-Fischmann, Executive VP at OPI, says, "the colors in this line capture the movie's exciting atmosphere, and the new chapter this film covers is both dark and sexy". And from the looks of it, she's exactly right. The colors range from a flirty pink to a smoky slate and with nail polishes & lacquers being my latest beauty obsession, I am definitely excited to try out this new collection!
Meet the Collection (from clockwise):
- Just Spotted the Lizard: a reptilian-inspired, holographic green
- Number One Nemesis: a sexy slate
- Shatter the Scales: a teal shatter which creates a web-like effect when dry
- Into the Night: an iridescent shade of navy blue
- Your Web or Mine?: a flirty shade of bright pink
- My Boyfriend Scales Walls: a bright white
- Call Me Gwen-Ever: a fiery orange
While there is no official release date, these lacquers are expected to hit stores in May! They will retail for $8.50.
What do you think of this new collection? Will you become entangled in this latest web of colour?