March 27, 2012

Champagne Wishes & Caviar.....Manicures??




As of late, nail art has become just as much of a fashion accessory as let's say a piece of jewelry!  Last year was all about the crackle top coats and magnetic polishes. And this year, we are still kind of waiting for the new trend to drop.  Well, that wait may be over!   

UK nail polish brand, Ciate, will soon be launching their Caviar Manicure kits which is sure to have nail art lovers ABUZZ!  Seen first on the runway at Cushie et Ochs' Fall 2011 show where nail artists used beads from the designer's collection to create this three dimensional look, Ciate has decided to make achieving the look a lot easier!  By creating a kit which will combine nail lacquer and beads, making it a one-stop-shop.  The Caviar Manicure kit is set to make its US debut at Sephora stores in April and will be offered in three colors:  multi (rainbow), white (mother of pearl) and black (black pearl).  And I am pretty sure that more colors will follow with increased demand!


I actually like this look and I think the Caviar Manicure Kits will take off once they hit the shelves.  However, I worry about how easy it will be to apply.  This will probably be a job left for a trained professional (aka my nail tech, Cindy) as I just don't have a steady enough hand to apply without making a mess.  I could probably apply to my left hand without incident but my right hand is another story!  lol  And lastly, while I think the Caviar Manicure is very festive, pretty and sophisticated, even, I would more than likely leave this for special occasions or to create an accent nail as seen here....but that's just me! :)

What do you think.....will the Caviar Manicure be the new glitter??


XOXO

~Tiaja

1 comment: