March 16, 2012

Benefit's Boo Boo Zap is B-A-C-K & Revamped!!


This news has literally made my day!  I swore by this stuff for years and then out of the blue and without warning, Benefit Cosmetics decided to discontinue the product.  I was heartbroken!!  The product that I speak of is Boo Boo Zap, the magical zit zapper! 

Old Boo Boo Zap
I was first introduced to this wonder product by my close friend, Cole, who worked for the company at the time.  And it was love at first try!  I loved everything about this product, from it's comic book packaging with the zit-fighting superheroin leaping across the SF skyline (see Right), to it's compact size & more importantly, how effective it was at getting rid of my zits.....with this stuff, they did not stand a chance!  I carried Boo Boo Zap with me everywhere I went.  A dab of this stuff and my blemish/ acne problem was zapped away!  So, imagine my horror when I visited the Benefit counter and was told that the product was no longer available.  But today, that all changed with the announcement that this wonder product was back on the market!

Meet the revamped, reformulated and repackaged Boo Boo Zap!  Although there have been a few changes made, its objective remains the same - to banish blemishes and reduce the appearance of redness and swelling.  While it still contains salicylic acid, they have removed the witch hazel and camphor, and added glycolic acid, bisabolol (an extract of chamomile believed to soothe flaky dry skin), PPG-26 and PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil, a compound some folks try to avoid. Sounds like a MAJOR overhaul, huh?  I just hope that these changes will not compromise the effectiveness of a product that I feel was perfect the way it was.





While doing away with the comic book theme, Boo Boo Zap has been added to Benefit's b.bright SKINCARE line and has adopted its lighter more sophisticated look of green, tan and white packaging.  In addition, you get more product and a lower price tag (which is always an added plus)!!  The new zit zapper will contain 7.4 milliliters and will retail for $16, while the old one held 6 milliliters and retailed for $20.  A $4 decrease is pretty substantial...that's a grande Mocha Frapp at Starbucks!! :)

I have yet to try this revamped formula.  And while i'm excited that Benefit Cosmetics has decided to bring one of my favorite products back, I am equally nervous that it will not live up to its predecessor.  My fingers are crossed with this one!

The new Boo Boo Zap is scheduled to hit Benefit stores and counters in May.  However, if you cannot wait to get your hands on this product, I have good news!  It is currently available online at http://www.benefitcosmetics.com/!

XOXO

~Tiaja

1 comment: