January 23, 2012

Product Review: Nicki Minaj OPI Nail Lacquer Collection



The highly anticipated Nicki Minaj OPI Collection hit the stores earlier this month with 6 new colors  (3 creme polishes, 2 glitters and a new shade of Shatter) embodying the over-the-top personality of it's namesake.  When I first heard that Ms. Minaj was teaming up with OPI, the first thing that came to mind was OUTLANDISH!  However, I was pleasantly surprised with the color selection.  With names like "Super Bass Shatter", "Metallic 4 Life" & "Fly", this collection is cute, flirty and fun with my personal favorite being "Pink Friday"!

"Pink Friday" is the opaque, bubble-gum pink shade that I have been searching for high and low!  I absolutely LOVE this polish and thanks to Nailtiques (see my previous blog post) and my Manicurist, Cindy, I can not stop looking at my nails.  There is something very girly yet very adult about this shade of pink that makes it truly irresistible.  And the compliments are never-ending (see swatch below)! ;)

Me wearing Pink Friday! <3

So far, Pink Friday is the only polish in the collection that I have tried out.  And because of this, the swatches that I used below are courtesy of The Polish Aholic.

"Fly" is a pretty shade a teal that I am kind of eager to try.  It is a definite Spring-y color that I will try on my toes first and then possibly on my hands (not sure it would fly at the office...no pun intended!). 



"Did It On 'Em" is a yellow-y green shade which I was initially drawn to and will definitely try in the near future.  This shade is almost on the neon side and is definitely a fun shade that will be perfect of the Spring & Summer.  I can just picture walking on the beach or in the grass with this color on my toes!



"Metallic 4 Life" is a black base with a mixture of silver hex & square glitter.  This one is pretty Bad Ass and perfect for a night out on the town or when you are wanting to channel your inner-Rock Star!



"Save Me" has a clear base with silver glitter and blue & holographic confetti mixed in.  I am not really feeling the confetti look as I prefer the glitter polishes better.  However, I think this polish would pretty cool layered on top of another color.


And last but not least is "Super Bass Shatter".  This a metallic magenta shatter which is a slight variation of the usual matte finishes of  most shatter polishes.  While I think shatter polishes are fun, I was never a true fan.  I have tried it a few times but the novelty wore off for me a LONG time ago. As you will notice in the picture below, "Super Bass" has a slight glitter to it which a nice touch!



The Nicki Minaj OPI Collection is in stores now and can be purchased at selected beauty supply stores and even online at Amazon.com.  And I must say that this collection appears to be doing VERY well....so if you see a shade that you like, you better act fast as this is sure to sell out!


XOXO

~Tiaja

No comments:

Post a Comment